Due to the planned commencement of the Education (Admission to Schools) Act, 2018, North Kildare Educate Together National School will not accept pre-enrolment application forms for September 2024. A new Admission Policy will be approved with an annual admissions process for this intake group.
- Mainstream Enrolment
- Enrolment for Outreach Classes for children with autism
1. Mainstream Enrolment
Please read the following conditions of Enrolment. If you agree with them, click Yes at the bottom of the page and you can proceed to download the Enrolment form. Otherwise, click No and you will be redirected to our home page. Please note that you will have to post the form to the school as we do not have a facility to accept online enrolment. Your child will be placed on the pre-enrolment list according to when we receive the form at the school.
1. Enrolments are accepted any time after the child’s birth.
2. The child’s name is placed on the pre-enrolment list, in strict date order i.e. the date and time the signed enrolment form is received by the school.
3. Receipt of the Enrolment Form is acknowledged. (Please retain for reference).
4. Children must be 4 years old before the 1st of June in the year that they are due to start school.
5. In January of each year, places are offered from the pre-enrolment list for the class beginning Junior Infants the following September.
6. Places are offered by post to the address on the enrolment form, unless parents have informed the school in writing of a change of address prior to the offer being posted.
7. It is the responsibility of parents to contact the school by 17th January in the year their child is due to start Junior Infants if they believe they should have received an offer and have not received one.
8. Parents/Guardians are asked to complete a Confirmation Form and either accept, reject or defer the place offered. If a written response is not received in the time limit given, the child’s name will be removed from the pre-enrolment list.
9. Entry to Junior Infants can be deferred for one year only.
10. Where entry is deferred the child’s name is inserted into the pre-enrolment list. This does not guarantee an offer of a place for Junior Infants the following year. Deferred names are placed on the pre-enrolment list according to original enrolment date.
11. Offers of places will continue until the maximum permitted number is reached.
12. Where entry is requested to higher classes, during the course of the school year:-
(a) An enrolment form is to be completed in the normal way.
(b) Confirmation that the child was enrolled in another National School must be provided.
(c) The child’s name will be placed on the pre-enrolment list for the following September.
(d) A place may then be offered provided:
• There is a place available in the present class
• The child’s place on the pre-enrolment list is such that a place would have been offered, for the following September, in the enrolment process.
13. When a child is offered a place, or currently holds a place in the school, this does not entitle any sibling(s) to a place.
14. Due to the planned commencement of the Education (Admission to Schools) Act, 2018, North Kildare Educate Together National School will not accept pre-enrolment application forms for September 2024. A new Admission Policy will be approved with an annual admissions process for this intake group.
Please sign below before returning completed Enrolment Form
I have read, understood and agree to comply with the above conditions. I affirm that all information provided on this form is accurate and I understand that providing false or incomplete information to the school may result in forfeiting a place.
Do you accept the above conditions of Enrolment?
Please read the following conditions of Enrolment. If you agree with them, click Yes at the bottom of the page and you can proceed to download the Application form. Otherwise, click No and you will be redirected to our home page. Please note that you will have to post the form to the school as we do not have a facility to accept online applications.
NORTH KILDARE EDUCATE TOGETHER NATIONAL SCHOOL
ENROLMENT POLICY FOR OUTREACH CLASSES
The School is founded on four core principles;
1 Multi-Denominational – children of all creeds and none have equal access, and the social, religious and cultural background of each child is equally respected.
2 Co-Educational – the school is open to boys and girls on an equal basis.
3 Child Centred – the school aims to be a place where a child’s quest for growth, self-development and knowledge is acknowledged, facilitated and encouraged.
4 Democratically run – the school is run by management committees which are democratically elected and run, and the involvement of all parents is sought & encouraged.
The Outreach Classes in North Kildare Educate Together School cater for children of primary school going age i.e. 4 – 13 years.
Children must be 4 years old before they enter North Kildare Educate Together School. No child should be older than 13 years during his or her last year in the school.
Enrolment on the Wait List does not guarantee an offer of a place
Entry to the Outreach Classes can be deferred for one year only.
Where entry is deferred the child’s name is inserted into the Wait List. This does not guarantee an offer of a place for the following year. Deferred names are placed on the Wait List according to original date.
If spaces are available the Board of Management may designate a pre-school programme to be taught in the Outreach Classes.
A range of teaching methodologies is used in the Outreach Classes, example TEACCH, PECS, ABA. The methodologies employed will aim to optimally address the needs of all of the children in the Outreach Classes. This will accord with the eclectic approach recommended by the Department of Education & Science.
One of the features of the Outreach Classes is planned integration with other pupils in the school.
Applications will be considered by an Enrolment Advisory Board. This board will consist of the School Principal, Chairperson of the Board of Management, a member of the teaching staff and any other professionals deemed necessary from time to time, e.g. Psychologist, Speech & Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist.
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION FOR PLACEMENT IN THE OUTREACH CLASSES
The child must have a primary diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder without significant intellectual impairment. This diagnosis must arise from a professionally recognised clinical/psychological assessment procedure.
The school must have in place, within the school staffing complement and in the support services available to the school, the resources necessary to meet the identified needs of the child.
The educational provision being given to the children currently in the Outreach Classes must not be detrimentally affected by the specialised intervention required for the new child.
1. CONTACT WITH SCHOOL
Upon contacting the school parents are given a copy of the Enrolment Policy for the Outreach Classes and an Application Form. Fully completed Application Forms will be accepted in strict date order – i.e. the date the signed Application Form is received by the school. Receipt of the Application Form is acknowledged. Please retain this receipt for reference.
2. ENROLMENT ADVISORY BOARD
The Enrolment Advisory Board will consider the application when a vacancy arises. Appropriately qualified members of the Enrolment Advisory Board may choose to meet with the applicant prior to reaching a final decision. The Enrolment Advisory Board will advise the Board of Management on the placement of the child.
3. CONFIRMATION OF A PLACE BY THE BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
On consideration of the recommendations arising from the Enrolment Advisory Board, the final decision as to the placement of a child in the Outreach Classes lies with the Board of Management.
4. PLACES OFFERED
Places are offered by post to the address on the Application Form, unless parents have informed the school in writing of a change of address prior to the offer being posted.
If the school cannot meet the required needs of a child or if a child does not meet the above criteria for placement in the Outreach Classes the following actions take place:
The school will notify in writing the Parents/Guardians of the decision and the resources necessary for the school and the supports necessary from the appropriate authorities to meet the specified needs of the child.
5. CONFIRMATION FORM
Parents/Guardians are asked to complete a Confirmation Form and either accept or reject the place offered. If a written response is not received in the time limit given, the place will be forfeited.
Do you accept the above conditions of Enrolment?