Our school was recognized as an official ‘Active School’ in 2018 and we were awarded an Active Flag.
Our Active Flag Coordinators- Niall and Kelly
Wednesday is our designated Virtual Sports Day.
Click out the PowerPoint below to see suggested activities
Check out some fun ideas for Summer
The Irish Heart Foundation have provided some excellent resources to keep us Active while we are at home. Click the the links below
Check out more fun activities below
- Cosmic Yoga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKa2LHYcln4&t=9s
- P.E. with Joe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zGzJdPB-1A
- Trolls ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfkYzUwYFk
- ‘Wake Up Shake Up’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gUbdNbu6ak
- Go Noddle https://www.gonoodle.com
- Skipping Skills https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChv0GUoeif1tHONdgg_bthQ
- Meditation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYIQiXyrsE
Outdoors and Back Garden Activities
- Obstacle Course: Set up a mini course at home or in the garden which involves, hopping, sliding, running, crawling, swinging, jumping, balancing etc.
- Trampoline: If you have access to a trampoline, bounce, bounce, bounce!
- Cycling: Get out on your bike and cycle, cycle!
- Scooter: If you have a scooter, get out for a scoot!
- Ball Games: Play with different size balls. Practice rolling, catching and bouncing a ball, and playing football.
- Rope games: There are many games you can play with a rope to help develop balance, muscle tone and coordination. Some examples include: walking along the rope on the floor, jumping over it and side to side, skipping, tug of war. You could also make out lines on the floor using tape and use them to walk along, between or jump over.