NORTH KILDARE EDUCATE TOGETHER NATIONAL SCHOOL
HEALTHY LUNCH POLICY
- The North Kildare Educate Together National School encourages healthy eating among pupils at all times.
- Parents are asked when choosing lunches to avoid the following items – popcorn, crisps, sweets, fizzy drinks, glass bottles, sugary products.
- The range of foods suitable are: set yoghurts, fruit, sandwiches, crackers, juices, milk, soup, raw vegetables, cheese, raisins etc. NO NUT products of any description permitted in school due to allergies.
- NKETNS is an Active School and encourages healthy eating among our pupils. therefore, treats of any kind are not allowed during the school day.
- We seek co-operation of all parents in implementing this policy. Your encouragement of healthy eating habits will have benefits for us all.
Please remember – if your child does not keep to it – it is unfair on other pupils who do!